1. Definitions and Interpretation
Cookie: means a small file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site;
Cookie Law: means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”);
Personal data: means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data, as defined by EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and
We/Us/Our: means “Our Website/School/Company”, the brand owned and operated by Company name or Person.
2. Information About Us
Our Site is owned and operated by Company name or person(s).
- Registered address: 11th Floor Touchstone House, 7 Bree Street, Cape Town, South Africa
- Email address: [email protected]
- Telephone number: +27 76 685 1070
- 3.2 By using Our Site, you may also receive certain third-party Cookies on your computer or device. Third-party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us. Third-party Cookies are used on Our Site for analytics and for marketing purposes. For more details, please refer to section 4 below.
- 3.3 All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law. We may use some or all of the following types of Cookie:
- 3.3.1 Strictly Necessary Cookies
A Cookie falls into this category (usually first-party cookies) if it is essential to the operation of Our Site as without them we cannot provide the functionality that you need to use this website. For example, essential cookies help remember your preferences as you navigate through the online school, also support functions such as logging in, and payment transactions.
- 3.3.2 Functionality Cookies
Functional Cookies allow our web site to remember choices you make, e.g. your user name, log in details and language preferences and any customizations you make to pages during your visit. They are necessary to provide features and services specific to individual users.
- 3.3.3 Analytics Cookies
It is important for Us to understand how you use Our Site, for example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics Cookies enable us to gather this information, helping Us to improve Our Site and your experience of it.
- 3.3.4 Marketing/Targeting Cookies
It is important for Us to know when and how often you visit Our Site, and which parts of it you have used (including which pages you have visited and which links you have visited). As with analytics Cookies, this information helps us to better understand you and, in turn, to make Our Site and advertising more relevant to your interests. Some information gathered by targeting Cookies may also be shared with third parties.
- 3.3.5 Third Party Cookies
Third-party Cookies are not placed by Us; instead, they are placed by third parties that provide services to Us and/or to you. Third-party Cookies may be used by advertising services to serve up tailored advertising to you on Our Site, or by third parties providing analytics services to Us (these Cookies will work in the same way as analytics Cookies described above).
- 3.3.6 Persistent Cookies
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a persistent Cookie. Persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit Our Site.
- 3.3.7 Session Cookies
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a session Cookie. Session Cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit Our Site until you close your browser. Session Cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
- 3.3.1 Strictly Necessary Cookies
- 3.4 Cookies on Our Site are not permanent and will expire as indicated in the table below.
- 3.6 For more specific details of the Cookies that We use, please refer to the table below.
4. What Cookies Does Our Site Use?
- 4.2 The following strictly necessary third-party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device: Name of Cookie Provider Purpose Expires nsr m.stripe.network Used to process payments for our website. When you close your browser cookiesEnabled checkout.stripe.com Used to process payments for our website. When you close your browser __stripe_sid checkout.stripe.com Used to process payments for our website. When you close your browser __stripe_mid checkout.stripe.com Used to distinguish users. 1 year ab_disable_remember_ checkout.stripe.com Used to process payments for our website. 7 years checkout-test-session checkout.stripe.com Used to process payments for our website. 10 years cid checkout.stripe.com Used to process payments for our website. for ever vuid vimeo.com These cookies are used by Vimeo to collect analytics tracking information. 1 year player player.vimeo.com These cookies are used by Vimeo to collect analytics tracking information. 1 year JSESSIONID .nr-data.net Preserves users states across page requests. When you close your browser
- 4.3 Our Site uses the following functional Cookies:
Olark Name of Cookie Provider Purpose Expires hblid startupcircles.com a visitor identifier that we use only on your site to remember this visitor between visits 2 years wcsid startupcircles.com a session identifier that we use only on your site to keep track of a single chat session When you close your browser olfsk startupcircles.com storage identifier that we use to maintain chat state across pages (e.g. message history) 2 years _okbk startupcircles.com extra state information (e.g. chat box being open/closed) When you close your browser _ok startupcircles.com most recent Olark site ID (security measure) When you close your browser _oklv startupcircles.com the Olark loader version (for improved caching) When you close your browser _okla startupcircles.com used for caching purposes (loaded from CDN vs. loaded from our infrastructure) When you close your browser _okgid startupcircles.com used for caching by setting a hash for assets to determine if they have changed and if they need to be refreshed When you close your browser _okac startupcircles.com used for caching by setting a hash for assets to determine if they have changed and if they need to be refreshed When you close your browser _okck startupcircles.com used to test whether the visitor’s browser allows cookies to be stored When you close your browser _okdetect startupcircles.com used to test whether the visitor’s browser allows cookies to be stored When you close your browser TawkTo Name of Cookie Provider Purpose Expires TawkConnectionTime startupcircles.com previous registration time stamp When you close your browser Tawk_ startupcircles.com socket connection url When you close your browser __tawkuuid startupcircles.com domain restriction values 6 months __cfduid tawk.to Used by the content network, Cloudflare, to identify trusted web traffic. 1 year Freshchat Name of Cookie Provider Purpose Expires pubsub_cookie startupcircles.com This cookie is used for the freshchat service When you close your browser hop- startupcircles.com This cookie is used for the freshchat service When you close your browser startupcircles.com This cookie is used for the freshchat service When you close your browser _ startupcircles.com This cookie is used for the freshchat service 1 year pnctest startupcircles.com This cookie is used for the freshchat service 1 year Zendesk Web Widget Name of Cookie Provider Purpose Expires ZD-referrerPolicy startupcircles.com Stores referrer tags Forever ZD-zE_oauth startupcircles.com Stores the authentication token once the user has been authenticated. 2 hours ZD-currentTime startupcircles.com Sets the time when page loads. Forever ZD-settings startupcircles.com Stores a hash of settings so that we don’t keep sending blips after the initial one Forever ZD-suid startupcircles.com Session id for pathfinder. 20 minutes ZD-buid startupcircles.com Collects Machine ID. Forever Intercom Name of Cookie Provider Purpose Expires intercom-id- startupcircles.com This cookie is used by Intercom as a session so that users can continue a chat as they move through the site. 9 months
- 4.4 Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics, Facebook, LinkedIn.. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling us to better understand how Our Site is used. This, in turn, enables us to improve Our Site and the products and services offered through them.
- 4.6 The analytics services used by Our Site uses the following Cookies :
Google Analytics Name of Cookie Provider Purpose Expires _ga startupcircles.com Google Analytics: Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website. 2 years _gat startupcircles.com Google Analytics: Used by Google Analytics to throttle the request rate. When you close your browser _gid startupcircles.com Google Analytics: Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website. When you close your browser collect startupcircles.com Google Analytics: Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels. When you close your browser
- 4.7 Targeting/Marketing cookies
Targeting/Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third-party advertisers. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising (remove cookies not exploited in your school):
Facebook Pixel Name of Cookie Provider Purpose Expires fr facebook.com Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third-party advertisers 3 months tr facebook.com Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third-party advertisers When you close your browser Google AdWords Name of Cookie Provider Purpose Expires ads/ga-audiences startupcircles.com Used by Google AdWords to re-engage visitors that are likely to convert to customers based on the visitor’s online behaviour across websites. When you close your browser
5. Consent and Control
- 5.1 Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a banner requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies unless those Cookies are strictly necessary; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended. You will be given the opportunity to allow and/or deny different categories of Cookie that We use.
- 5.2 In addition to the controls that We provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third-party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- 5.3 The links below provide instructions on how to control Cookies in all mainstream browsers:
- 5.3.1 Google Chrome
- 5.3.2 Microsoft Internet Explorer
- 5.3.3 Microsoft Edge (Please note that there are no specific instructions at this time, but Microsoft support will be able to assist)
- 5.3.4 Safari (macOS)
- 5.3.5 Safari (iOS)
- 5.3.6 Mozilla Firefox
- 5.3.7 Android (Please refer to your device’s documentation for manufacturers’ own browsers)
7. Further Information
- 7.2 For more information about privacy, data protection and our terms and conditions, please visit the following:
- 7.2.1 Terms & Conditions