The information we collect
Pranary collects information voluntarily provided to us through this site. Pranary does not collect personally identifiable information about individuals except when specifically and knowingly provided by such individuals.
Pranary will not sell, rent, share, trade or give away any personally identifiable information to any third parties outside our partner organisations and those working directly with them in connection with Pranary activities. We will only disclose personally identifiable information we maintain to those not directly working in connection with Pranary activities when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena.
Personal information collected by Pranary and our websites is stored in secure operating environments and can only be accessed by Pranary employees, consultants, or volunteers exclusively for the management of the Pranary programme operations. Pranary will protect your personal information no matter where we process or store it, following this privacy statement. By submitting your personal data to Pranary, you hereby consent to this transfer and processing of your personal information.
The Pranary community on Facebook, WhatsApp, Telegram and website is intended to help members of the Pranary family to find each other. We ask that you use good judgment and discretion when sending messages to other members on the list. Please do not use information found here for the purpose of commercial promotion of any kind. Pranary does not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of third parties. All registrations are voluntary. The only individuals listed in the community are those who have registered themselves here. Pranary does not add individuals to the database, therefore if you do not find your Pranary friend it is because they have not registered themselves. You may at your own discretion delete, update or correct the information you provide on the platforms at any time by logging on with your User ID (your e-mail address) and with the password you selected. Please remember that when you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information (such as your first and last name, e-mail address etc.) that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other posters or third party entities. Startup Circles is not responsible for who may contact you by using this information. PRANARY RECOMMENDS THAT YOU DO NOT PROVIDE YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER AND HOME ADDRESS.
• Personal information about visitors to our site is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in South Africa.
Use of Information
Collecting information on Registered members
• As part of registering with us, we collect personal information about you in order for you to take full advantage of our services. To do this it may be necessary for you to provide additional information to us as detailed below.
• Registration / Submission – is completely optional. This may include submitting your name, email address, address, telephone numbers, option on receiving updates and promotional material and other information.
• Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
• We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services.
• We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
• However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
• In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Collecting Information for Users
• IP Addresses – Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Again, information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
This aggregate, non-personal information is collated and provided to us to assist in analysing the usage of the site.
Access to Information
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Links to other sites
We provide links to Websites outside of our websites, as well as to third party Websites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that Website and its privacy statement.
Problems or questions
Disclaimer, Terms & Conditions
In these terms and conditions, “we” “us”,“our” and “STARTUP CIRCLES” may refer to Startup Circles (Pty) Ltd (“STARTUP CIRCLES”). Your access to and use of all information on this website including signing up/ purchasing and /or investing in our product/s or offerings is provided subject to the following terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at any time and your use of the website following any amendments will represent your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions as amended. We therefore recommend that each time you access our website you read these terms and conditions.
Registered or Submissions by users
• You agree to ensure that your registration details are true and accurate at all times and you undertake to update your registration details from time to time when they change.
• On registration, we provide you with a password. On registration you agree to pay for our services as set out on our website.
• We reserve the right to terminate your registration at any time if you breach these terms and conditions.
Our Website Services
• Our services are provided to adults over the age of eighteen (18) years. By proceeding to purchase through our website, you acknowledge that you are over 18 years of age.
• All prices are in South African Rands (ZAR) and are inclusive of VAT. We endeavour to ensure that our price list is current. Our price list can be accessed from our home page and we reserve the right to amend our prices at any time. If you have placed an order, we reserve the right to cancel your order should our prices change.
1. When you visit our website, we give you a limited licence to access and use our information for personal use.
2. You are permitted to download a copy of the information on this website to your computer for your personal use only provided that you do not delete or change any copyright symbol, trade mark or other proprietary notice. Your use of our content in any other way infringes our intellectual property rights.
3. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act 1978 you are not permitted to copy, reproduce, republish, distribute or display any of the information on this website without our prior written permission.
4. The licence to access and use the information on our website does not include the right to use any data mining robots or other extraction tools. The licence also does not permit you to metatag or mirror our website without our prior written permission. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of your metatag or mirroring of our website.
1. This website may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Such links are provided for convenience only and we take no responsibility for the content and maintenance of or privacy compliance by any linked website. Any hyperlink on our website to another website does not imply our endorsement, support, or sponsorship of the operator of that website nor of the information and/or products which they provide.
2. You may link our website without our consent. Any such linking will be entirely your responsibility and at your expense. By linking, you must not alter any of our website’s contents including any intellectual property notices and you must not frame or reformat any of our pages, files, images, text or other materials.
Intellectual Property Rights
1. The copyright to all content on this website including applets, graphics, images, layouts and text belongs to us or we have a licence to use those materials.
2. All trademarks, brands and logos generally identified either with the symbols TM or ® which are used on this website are either owned by us or we have a licence to use them. Your access to our website does not license you to use those marks in any commercial way without our prior written permission.
3. Any comment, feedback, idea or suggestion (called “Comments”) which you provide to us through this website becomes our property. If in future we use your Comments in promoting our website or in any other way, we will not be liable for any similarities which may appear from such use. Furthermore, you agree that we are entitled to use your Comments for any commercial or non-commercial purpose without compensation to you or to any other person who has transmitted your Comments.
4. If you provide us with Comments, you acknowledge that you are responsible for the content of such material including its legality, originality and copyright.
1. Whilst we have taken all due care in providing the information on our website, we do not provide any warranty either express or implied including without limitation warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
2. To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is excluded.
3. We also take all due care in ensuring that our website is free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware, however we are not responsible for any damage to your computer system which arises in connection with your use of our website or any linked website.
Limitation of Liability
1. To the full extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of an implied warranty or condition is limited to the supply of the goods and/or services again or payment of the costs of having those goods and/or services supplied again.
2. We accept no liability for any loss whatsoever including consequential loss suffered by you arising from services and/or product/s we have supplied.
1. By accessing our website, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees arising from or in connection with your use of our website.
1. If a Force Majeure event causing delay continues for more than Thirty (30) days, we may terminate this Agreement by giving at least Thirty (30) days’ Notice to you. “Force Majeure” means any act, circumstance or omission over which we could not reasonably have exercised control.
1. These terms and conditions are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa and any claim made by either party against the other which in any way arises out of these terms and conditions will be heard in South Africa and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of those Courts.
2. If any provision in these terms and conditions is invalid under any law the provision will be limited, narrowed, construed or altered as necessary to render it valid but only to the extent necessary to achieve such validity. If necessary, the invalid provision will be deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
1. We undertake to take all due care with any information which you may provide to us when accessing our website. However, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you may provide to us. Information you transmit to us is entirely at your own risk although we undertake to take reasonable steps to preserve such information in a secure manner.